Installing a water softener will solve all water hardness problems in your home, which in turn will protect your plumbing and appliances from expensive repairs and damage.
Commonly referred to as lime, water hardness affects thousands of homes and businesses across Ireland. This is caused by calcium particles being picked up as water travels through the rock. Lime sticks to appliances and pipes creating a hard white or brownish scale. It reduces lifespan and in extreme cases may cause pipes to leak, skin irritation, and a scum to appear on your tea / coffee.
An ion exchange water softener usually solves the problem. The size will depend on water hardness and water usage.
Soft water has lots of benefits:
- Skin, hair & clothes are softer and cleaner
- Cleaning products and detergent usage is reduced (up to 55%)
- Tea, coffee and food tastes better
- Appliances last a lot longer and work more efficiently
- Pipes and hot systems remain scale free reducing heating costs