Are you experiencing any of the following Water Problems? We can help.
- Commonly referred to as lime, water hardness is a nuisance in the home or business. This is caused by calcium particles being picked up as water travels through the rock. Lime sticks to appliances and pipes creating a hard white or brownish scale. It reduces lifespan and in extreme cases may cause pipes to leak, skin irritation, and a scum to appear on your tea / coffee.
- An ion exchange water softener usually solves the problem. The size will depend on water hardness and water usage.
- Soft water has lots of benefits:
Solution = Water Softener
- Water containing bacteria can cause serious illness especially in young children and the elderly. Bacteria cannot be seen by the naked eye so you may not be aware of its presence until it’s too late. ‘Boil Before Use’ alerts are common but can be missed, so for peace of mind a bacteria prevention solution is always the safest option.
- An Ultra Violet Steriliser System deals with most bacteria & this is fitted at point of entry covering the whole house.
- Bacteria free water is essential.
- Solution = UV System
Hydrogen Sulphate (Rotten Egg Smell)
- Commonly known as sulphur, it is very easy to know if HS is present due to a very strong rotten egg smell which is practically unbearable at high levels. It is caused by gas emissions from decaying organic matter underground.
- There numerous ways to treat HS depending on the levels present. A water test is required and we will recommend the most suitable solution for your particular problem.
- Solution = Water Filtration
Iron & Manganese
- Iron & manganese causes a reddish or brown stain on sanitary ware, clogs pipes and builds up in storage tanks. Clothes never look as clean as they should – especially whites – and guidelines for drinking water state that water should not contain more than 200ug/ltr.
- Iron can be treated in a number of different ways and most involve oxidising (rusting) the water to make the filtration process easier. Individual cases will differ depending on iron levels, ph, dissolved oxygen, etc, requiring a water test to determine the correct solution.
- Iron free water tastes better, clothes and sanitary ware are cleaner, and time spent on housework is reduced.
- Solution = Iron and Manganese Aeration Filter
Nitrates in Water
- Nitrates are nitrogen-oxygen chemical units that combine with various organic and inorganic compounds and are essential nutrients for plants which they take from the soil. Any excess nitrates are then leached into the groundwater. Additional Nitrates in the water usually come from run off from fertilizers, decomposing plants and animals and all animal and human wastes. High levels of Nitrates can cause health problems, including Methemoglobinemia, commonly known as “blue baby syndrome”.
- These Nitrates enter the bloodstream and interfere with the bloods ability to transport oxygen causing symptoms such as shortness of breath, increased susceptibility to illness, heart attacks, and even death by asphyxiation. Contamination from Nitrates is one of the problems that can arise after severe flooding or heavy rains in rural areas. Treatment of water containing high levels of Nitrates includes the use of Reverse Osmosis Systems installed at point of use and ion exchange for a whole house solution.
- With Ireland’s heavy rainfall amounts and our susceptibility to flooding the best protection against water contamination is either having a regular water test or by installing a complete whole house water system.
- Solution = Reverse Osmosis unit and UV Light Filter
- Brown water is common in Ireland and although it has no health risks it causes quite an inconvenience to any householder for running of baths to laundry problems. Brown water is due to increasing amounts of dissolved organic carbon in the water and varies from time to time throughout the year.
- Solution = Water Filtration
Taste and Odour
- Taste and odour in drinking-water can be caused by a number of sources. A rotten egg smell is usually caused by the presence of Hydrogen Sulphide gas. Other causes of tastes and odours in water are micro-organisms. Problems can also be caused by some water treatment systems or by substances leached from a water pipe. As a general rule to treat odours and tastes in water the use of water filters can easily rectify the problem.
- Solution = Reverse Osmosis Unit and Water Filtration